Saint Agnes General Surgery Residency
A History of Excellence
Our program is patient-centered, striving to achieve the highest surgical quality by providing appropriate, timely, effective and compassionate care.
Our Surgical Residency Program
The Saint Agnes general surgery residency is a five-year program, fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education through its Residency Review Committee in Surgery. This academically-oriented, community-based, university affiliated residency program is the second oldest surgical residency in the country. Residents are offered a broad-based surgical experience with exposure not only to the field of greater general surgery, but also to all the surgical specialties.
The department has an active program in both basic and advanced laparoscopic surgery. Saint Agnes Hospital has centers of excellence in oncology, orthopaedic surgery, and bariatric surgery. Surgical residents will receive extensive experience in managing the critically ill surgical patient. The program also features rotations in burn management, trauma, transplant and gastrointestinal endoscopy.
The educational experience at Saint Agnes Hospital is complemented by rotations at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Stipend & Benefits
At Saint Agnes Hospital we believe that we offer one on the best residency experiences available. We understand that our resident’s training requires intense dedication and focus. Our Surgical Residency Program offers competitive benefits to help our residents maintain that focus and achieve their goals.
Our Program Offers
- Competitive salary
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Meal allowance in paycheck every 2 weeks
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for residents and family (partial premium paid by Saint Agnes)
- Direct access from intranet to: UpToDate, Ovid, Harrison’s, Dynamed, Micromedex
- Paid ACP memberships
- Paid subscription to ACP weekly curriculum and Johns Hopkins Ambulatory Curriculum
- PGY2-paid subscriptions to MKSAP
- Resident lounge
- Free parking
- Lab coats provided
- Free food in resident lounge for breakfasts, snacks and meals for evenings/weekends
- 24-hour access to library
- Resident activities, including bowling, picnics, parties, etc.
- On-site fitness center with subsidized membership