Maryland Metabolic Institute
Your Partner in Healthy Living
Saint Agnes Hospital has long been Maryland’s leader in weight loss surgery. Now, we’re proud to introduce the Maryland Metabolic Institute, offering comprehensive services in bariatrics, diabetes care and wound care.
Helping You Create and Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
Why a Healthy Weight Matters
Obesity and metabolic diseases can lead to serious health problems. These problems can put you at risk and take a toll on the people you love. Fortunately, Saint Agnes helps you regain control of your weight, your health and your life.
Helping You Take Control
We understand the challenges involved with losing and managing weight, as well as the emotional impact. Our team helps you face and overcome these challenges, so you can give yourself (and the loved ones who depend on you) a lifetime of health and wellness.
The Maryland Metabolic Institute combines 2 areas of expertise:
- The Bariatric Center of Excellence, Maryland’s leader in weight loss surgery, including gastric banding surgery. Sign Up for a Bariatric Surgery Seminar Now. Register Here or Call 1-866-690-9355.
- The Diabetes Center, providing expert care to help you control and manage diabetes and diabetes-related conditions.
Meet Our Team
Don’t Become a Statistic
Why is it so important to take control and maintain a healthy weight? As these statistics show, being overweight or obese can have a significant impact on your health, wallet and quality of life:
- According to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, being overweight or obese greatly increases your risk of coronary heart disease, heart attack and heart failure.
- According to the CDC, 70% of obese youth have at least 1 risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) projects that diabetes deaths will increase by more than 50% worldwide in the next 10 years.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, obesity and physical inactivity may account for 25 – 30% of colon, breast, endometrial, kidney and esophageal cancers.
The good news is that research shows an estimated 70 percent of chronic conditions are preventable and reversible with healthy lifestyle changes. Even a 10- to 20-pound weight loss can improve your health and reduce your risk. And it’s never too late to start.