Speech and Language Therapy—Helping You Express Yourself
Our team of top Maryland practitioners at Saint Agnes Hospital identifies and treats issues related to language, speech, voice fluency and swallowing—so you can communicate with ease.
A written prescription from your doctor is required before treatment.
The Speech, Language and Swallowing Experts
From infants to seniors, the speech and language pathologists at Saint Agnes Hospital of Baltimore can diagnose and treat a variety of disorders across the age spectrum.
An intense course of speech therapy may be necessary for recovery after an onset of stroke or other neurological problems such as Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis. Speech therapists can help restore language skills by providing treatment to help improve one’s ability to speak and understand others.
By utilizing a Modified Barium Swallow test the speech therapist works closely with the radiologist to diagnose swallowing problems. Based on the test’s outcome the speech therapist will develop a treatment plan with you and your family in order to enhance safe swallowing.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Accent reduction
- Apraxia of Speech
- Augmentative communication
- Childhood speech and language disorders, including articulation, voice, language, fluency and infant pediatric swallowing
- Cognitive-linguistic deficits
- Communication and swallowing changes with head and neck surgery
- Fluency disorders
- Right hemisphere dysfunction
- Swallowing disorders
- Voice disorders
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- American Stroke Association
- National Aphasia Association
For more information regarding Speech and Language Therapy at Saint Agnes Hospital please call 410-368-2800.
Inpatient Services/ Independence Square:
Administrative Director, Rehab
Outpatient Office Manager