Skilled care, compassionate care
All respiratory services at Saint Agnes are provided by licensed respiratory care practitioners. Working under the medical direction of a board-certified pulmonologist, our practitioners are credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care and certified by the State of Maryland.
All respiratory team members maintain current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS)—so they’re prepared and trained to handle any breathing-related emergency.
Advanced Training to Benefit you
The respiratory team stays up-to-date with the latest techniques and the newest research. To maintain certification by the State of Maryland Board of Physicians Quality Assurance, our respiratory therapists complete continuing education credits approved by the American Medical Association, Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of Maryland or the American Association for Respiratory Care.
To Make an Appointment
The Pulmonary Medicine Department at Saint Agnes Hospital offers weekend appointments for your convenience. To schedule an appointment and for more information, call 410-368-2040.
Our respiratory specialties
- Oxygen and humidity therapy
- Aerosol medication treatments, MDI and Pentamidine
- Chest physiotherapy
- Incentive spirometry
- Sputum induction
- Ventilator support and management
- Airway management
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Emergency resuscitation
- Patient/family education
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Hospital in-service education
- Assessment consultation for therapy
- Bipap support and management
- PPD administration and reading
- Respiratory care patient driven protocols
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy in AICU