Heart Disease Prevention
Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the result of the build up of fatty deposits in the arterial walls, which reduce blood flow to the heart thus damaging the heart muscle. Our cardiologists provide a variety of services for those who are at risk of coronary heart disease.
You may be at risk of heart disease if you are:
- Have a history of heart disease in your family
At the Cardiovascular Institute, Saint Agnes provides comprehensive support to patients with heart disease.
Find a Cardiologist or Vascular Surgeon
Heart Failure Center
Saint Agnes provides ongoing support for your treatment plan. Our team works with you and your doctor to detect coronary heart disease early and manage it effectively. By devloping and implementing your individualized treatment plan The Heart Failure Center can help you maintain an active lifestyle.
Our center offers the following services:
- Medication management
- Dietary planning
- Exercise training
- IV treatments if necessary
To Learn More Call: 410-368-8912
Know the Warning Signs*
If you see or have any of the following symptoms, call 911 immediately.
- Chest discomfort
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
*Provided by the American Heart Association.